There IS a difference
between re-conditioning and Refinishing! Our homeowners realize that stripping the finish off and refinishing a wood door is a time consuming and expensive process.
This is why they hire and trust us.
5 Advantages of Refinishing your door
1. Refinishing a front door gives immediate curb appeal and provides a gorgeous way to greet guests to your home.
2. Replacing an exterior door, whether it’s the door to your home or a garage door, can be costly. Refinishing your door is a much more economical choice.
3. Our professional craftsmen use the highest quality products available. We protect your wood, fiberglass and metal doors from ultraviolet rays and salt air with our custom sealant.
4. We are owner operated, and we complete the door refinishing process onsite ourselves. We treat each door as if it was our own, and we aren’t happy until you are completely satisfied. With Coastal Door Refinishing, you’ll get insured, top-notch service and quality.
5. We check in with our customers every 18-24 months to see if the sealant needs to be refreshed. Using the right products with timely maintenance are critical to keeping your front entry and garage doors looking their best for many years to come.
Garage Doors, Gates & Fences too!
Our sealant protects your Garage Doors as well. A refinished garage compliments a beautiful front door. Don't forget your gates and fences. We make them beautiful too!
Is DIY your thing?
Sometimes, unhappy with the way a door is aging, a homeowner will try to enhance the appearance of the door by adding more stain or coat the door with a semi-transparent stain.
Adding stain or additional sealant over a door with water and sun damage usually ends up unsightly and will not fix the problem long-term. Let our professionally trained craftsman bring your door back to its original glory.
Planning your Door Facelift
Budgeting is an important part of your project. Depending on the intricacy of the door and the presence of side lights or transom, the refinishing cost may range between $450 and $1,500. For a garage door, depending on its size and the condition of the old coating, the refinishing cost may range between $1,400 and $2,500.
When CDR Craftsmen arrive...
- Doors are carefully removed and the doorway is covered and protected.
- We setup our saw horses and equipment in the area you designate best for us to work, and we take great care to protect the area.
- The hardware is removed or masked. The doors are striped to the natural wood and a conditioner is applied.
- We then stain or paint the door to the color of your choice.
- The most important part of the process, prior to re-hanging your doors, is the application of not 1, but 3 coats of our sealer.
When doors fade and crack
Once the clear coat on doors begins to breakdown from the sun, salt air and other elements of nature, the wood deteriorates quickly. It is important to take steps to protect the wood as soon as possible. Our treatment provides protection from constant exposure to ultraviolet light, harsh weather and salt air.
Ask about our Maintenance Program
Coastal Door Refinishing customers enjoy the confidence that we will call on them, as a courtesy, to inspect their door every 18-24 months to see if the sealant needs to be refreshed. Using the right products with timely maintenance are critical to keeping your front entry and garage doors looking their best for many years to come. All work comes with a full 1 year warranty.
"A DAY IN THE LIFE" of YOUR DOOR
"I've been hanging on for years... I love my family and greet them home daily. However, nature's treated me harshly. I've expected that one day soon, they would simply replace me. When the craftsmen arrived one day, I thought my time had come. Imagine my surprise when my family showed me how much I am loved! Now I'm more beautiful than ever, thanks to them and Coastal Door Refinishing!"